Sunday, January 15, 2012

Training Week 1 In Review

Week 1 of training is complete (almost):
Monday: 32 min swim (I would have done more but 2 idiots got in my lane and I couldn't stand it any longer)
Tuesday: Speed session - 1.4mi warm-up/ 2x100/ 3x1000 (300 jog in between)/ 3x200 (100 jog in between)/ 1.5mi cool down
Wednesday: 40 min swim
Thursday: 25 min bike
Friday: rest
Saturday: 8 mile hike 
Sunday: yet to be determined. The pool is closed today and my legs are really sore from hiking so running is out of the question. Looks like I need to get on that bike trainer again!
Week totals (so far):
1hr 10min swimming
1hr running
25min biking
3hr 10min hiking


For the hike we went to McNee Ranch State Park in Pacifica, about a 40 minute drive south of the city. The hike was perfectly challenging! It wasn't too hard so it was still fun, but I definitely got my heart rate up and burned over 1200 calories! There was also some gorgeous scenery so I took a lot of pictures.
The first hill top view of the beach where we parked.

2nd hill top view of the beach.

Extremely helpful sign. 
One of the vies from the top. Sadly, it was a little hazy, but still beautiful.

View from the bottom of the mountain.
After over 3 hours of hiking we were hungry! Since the weather was perfect we went to Half Moon Bay Brewery and sat outside to eat. The food was so good I didn't even remember to take a picture of it. But I did get a few of the location.
View from lunch

Awesome brewery on the water!

Delicious beer! The perfect end to that hike.

Plan for Week 2:
Mon - Speed session on the track (I dread these workouts because they're so hard so I like to get them over with early in the week)
Tue - 35 min swim
Wed - Short run and weights
Thur - 45 min swim
Fri - rest
Sat - brick (1hr bike, 30min run)
Sun - reverse brick (1hr run, 30min bike) 
And hopefully I can add a few short rides on my trainer during the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment