Wednesday, January 18, 2012

3 days and 3 workouts

Is it really only Wednesday?! It seems like every week I start out with lots of energy and enthusiasm and kick-ass during my workouts. But by Thursday I'm completely out of steam. This week is no exception. I think tomorrow will have to be a rest day.
My workouts so far:
Monday - speed drills
Warm up - 1.5 mi jog
7 x 400m (1min rest btwn) These were done at pace, meaning 1/4 of the mile time trial I did 3 weeks ago. I did all of them 8-17 seconds faster than pace. Go me. 
Cool down - 1.5 mi jog home
Tuesday - 35 min swim
Warm up - 150m slow (50m freestyle, 25m breaststroke, repeat) 
Ladder - 100m, 200m, 300m, 300m, 400m, 400m (~30sec rest between)
Cool down - 25m freestyle, 25m breaststroke (both pretty slow)
Today - 50min run.  I was supposed to go to the gym to lift weights and use some cardio machines today. But the weather forecast says rain is on the way so I wanted to take advantage of the clear skies while I could. I didn't plan a route or anything, just left the house and ran. I love runs like that! 


Up-coming weather:
 
I think I'll be modifying my weekend workout plan. I hate running or biking in the rain! 
Anyone have any advice for how to keep motivated when the weather turns to shit and all you want to do is curl up and watch a movie?? Leave me a comment!

4 comments:

  1. I am no help when it comes to training in bad weather. I'm such a sissy when it comes to riding or running in the rain. Maybe just keep everything indoors - on the trainer and the treadmill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but I really hate how the weekends seem to always be worse weather than the week... go you! My swimming instructor sucks btw but at least its getting me in the pool and I plan on looking up some youtube video instructions before my next lesson to get a little more out of it =P And my goggles are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the stationary bike and treadmill setup in front of the TV and put in a favorite movie so I can just zone out, usually something that is motivational if it's a really rough day. But normally just anything that will take my mind off how much I don't want to be working out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I made do on the bike trainer while catching up on old episodes of Modern Family. Tried to go for a run when it was "sprinkling" yesterday but I only made it about 10 minutes before it was pouring and really windy -so I sprinted home as fast as I could. Better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete