Thursday, February 9, 2012

Delicious dinner

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post! Time is flying by. Last week I started feeling sick so I didn't work out Wed, Thur or Fri. It was nice to rest, but the intense swim I did Saturday was definitely needed! I did 10 x 100s with 30sec rest between each. I was really happy that I was able to do all 10! You know how it is when you tell yourself you're going to do this amount and once you get half way done you think "this is boring, doing half is good enough". Well I pushed through that and finished! And all 100s were 1:49-1:54, which I think is pretty good. 


Today I had to get to lab early so I didn't have time for my usual morning workout. Instead, I had 2 workouts yesterday! I did some cardio and weights in the morning before work and then got on my bike trainer for 45 minutes and watched the Biggest Loser. It's really hard to get off the bike when you're watching people workout and lose weight! But when I finally got off, I was ready for dinner so I made this:
I thought it looked really pretty and colorful so I decided to share. On the menu: steamed baby broccoli (I've decided this is my favorite vegetable), grape tomatoes, salmon burger from Trader Joes, and a whole wheat english muffin (also from TJs). I dressed up the salmon burger with horseradish brown mustard and dill relish. It was delicious and filling!! And really nutritious - about 310 calories with over 30 grams of protein! It was so good that I had it again tonight for dinner. And I'll probably have it again tomorrow (the salmon burgers come 4 in a pack). 


On the docket for tomorrow: speed drills on the track. Ug. I dread that workout every week. But when I finish it, I always feel so good the rest of the day. I just have to remember that when my alarm goes off before dawn.....


Have you had an awesome healthy dinner lately? Leave me a comment!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Way to push through it! And can you come make me dinner, I'm sick of eating the stuff in my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need a chef, it sounds like you just need someone to go to the grocery store for you!!

      Delete