Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Nutritionist Meeting, Part 2.

My last post was about my visit to the nutritionist. The bottom line was 1300-1950 cals/day and 50-110g protein/day, depending on my workouts. My response was - Great, I'm already doing that! So, what is it that I'm actually eating, you may be wondering?

Typical breakfast: Quick Oats + 1/2 Tbsp honey + 1 Tbsp. All-Natural Peanut Butter + Tons of cinnamon! Some days I use chunky pb, some days it's creamy Most days I save the banana for a mid-morning snack, but after a really tough workout, I eat the banana in my oatmeal because I'm ravenous.
Trader Joe's Balsamic Vinegar & Rosemary Grilled Chicken - it's awesome, especially since I don't have grilling capabilities!
Typical Lunch: A huge-ass salad!! In the mix: baby spinach and/or romaine and/or arugula + fresh basil + 1 roma tomato + 1 roasted red pepper + TJ's balsamic chicken + ~2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
Typical dinner #1: 4 oz. Tilapia (baked with lemon and dill) + 4 oz. steamed broccolini (with sea salt). I usually add some horseradish mustard to the fish, which is delicious!
Typical dinner #2: 5 oz salmon (baked with dill) + 1 head of broccoli (steamed). Believe it or not, I occasionally get asparagus instead of broccoli. Or brussels sprouts.....
Mmmmm.... roasted brussels spouts with olive oil and sea salt! These make a great afternoon snack or a side to my fish/broccoli meal.
Another pretty salad!

Snacks: I rarely have a morning snack other than coffee because my lunch is usually pretty early (11:30ish) so in the afternoon I have 2 snack times. Snack #1 is around 2:00 and snack #2 is around 4-5. Lately I've been having lean vanilla protein powder in almond milk + a handful of strawberries for one snack and a Granny Smith apple + 14 almonds for another snack. Basically, trying to load up on fruit and protein.


After dinner dessert: Nonfat Plain Greek yogurt + 1 splenda + tons of cinnamon. Soooo good!! And carb-free :) 


As you can tell, my meals are pretty repetitive. If you have any good recipes/suggestions, leave me a comment below!!



No comments:

Post a Comment